Plan A Destination Wedding, Elopement & Wedd Moon
Plan A Destination Wedding, Elopement & Wedd Moon
This very popular choice for a wedding enjoys a multitude of exciting and pleasurable locales in the United States and around the world. Whether a nearby major city, a quaint town away or your hometown while you are away at college or working elsewhere, These all become destination weddings. Many are completed in favorite VACATION or TOURISM areas around the world. They call this a variety of names and if a secret, it is an "elopement". After WHO and WHY is answered, it still boils down to what, where and when.
LEARN ABOUT THE TOP DESTINATIONS FOR WEDDINGS HERE... Find many locations and hotels in the area MENU
USA - Las Vegas, Nevada - Sonoma, and Napa Wine County, Both Disneylands, Newport, Rhode Island Niagara Falls, Long Island, Virginia Beach, most wine country wedding regions, Gatlinburg, Tennessee - Galena, Ohio
Mexico - Acapulco, Cancun, Cozumel, Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. Mexico
Hawaii Islands - Maui and Kauai are favorites with Ohau a favorite honeymoon destination
Caribbean - Jamaica,
Italy - Venice, Rome, and Florence plus village in the Tuscany area and Como Lake
France - Paris
Tahiti and Fiji
WHO WANTS THIS AS AN ALTERNATIVE WEDDING STYLE?
- Elopements to an exciting honeymoon area – for the two of you:
- A couple decides to "elope" or run off to a fun or romantic favorite area and tie the knot and when bringing a few close friends or relations it becomes a destination wedding
- Individuals who are decidedly into their own lifestyles and nonfamily oriented
- Destination Weddings
- Family-oriented bridal couples who want their families to get to know one another. They select a unique location for the families to meet and get to know one another in an enjoyable relaxing location.
- People who have lived together for years and decide to say the words, while enjoying a lovely vacation with family and friends
- Couples who have fallen in love with a particular part of the world and want to share it
- A remarriage for one or both
- Couples WHO want their wedding to be a unique experience and vacation excursion for all involved
- Those now living and working with many of their friends in a new area of the world
WHY DO COUPLES CHOOSE THIS
- One, or both of the intended cannot handle standing up in front of a group of people -- so they opt for a more private ceremony
- The destination wedding ceremony combines with the honeymoon plans
- It can cut the wedding guest list down considerably
- Many of the favorite destination areas are extremely romantic and offer some of the most talented professionals to help create the vision -- When hiring, ALWAYS ask for references and call them
- Some areas of the world host less expensive weddings and receptions
WHAT DOES A DESTINATION WEDDING ENTAIL?
- Decide on your destination and what you can afford. You do not pay everyone’s airfare or rooms, but you must consider these costs and the time it takes to clear vacation time and set up your travel arrangements
- Learning the cost of that style wedding and who can help from the other end. General locations, information can be achieved by using area books, event coordinators, travel agents or the internet travel websites
- Create a formula of who pays for what while there
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for you and possibly your family/group
- Find a service to help your at the other end -- the location coordinator, an event coordinator, family or a friend in the area
- This is one time you need to purchase wedding insurance
- TRUST -- that all will be completed perfectly to your specifications
WHERE ARE THE BEST DESTINATION WEDDING SPOTS?
- Couples often choose economical or all-inclusive locations with fun things to do that can accommodate you and your guests with a variety of great restaurants, hotel rooms, environmental beauty, a common enjoyment -- such as a hobby, snow skiing, beaches, boating, theaters, hiking, biking, golf areas. Many are interested in the environment and seek the ultra-sports scene.
- There are worldwide favorite resorts or hotels in -- Mexico, Thailand, Germany & Swiss Alps, Italy, Greek Isles and Caribbean Ocean, Central America, Canada and the U.S.
- Top five in the United States are -- Las Vegas, Disneyland (s), Gatlinburg, TN, Charleston, SC and the California Wine Country areas of Sonoma and Napa, etc., Hawaiian Islands and the major cities around the world.
- Many exciting destinations include: ocean cruise ships, dude ranches, Pacific Coast resorts, National Parks, Niagara Falls, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Lake Tahoe, etc.
- Exciting cities such as Paris, Rome, New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, San Diego, Washington DC, New Orleans or major cities around the world.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO PLAN an ELOPEMENT?
- When you’ve reached a decision on wanting a private quick wedding
- When the wedding planning is too overwhelming a project
- WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO PLAN A DESTINATION WEDDING?
- Each area has its best time of the year for visitors. The offseason if funds are tight.
- It is suggested you always check the weather patterns for the time of year
- you plan to be there.
- You feel your schedules will work best together for time off.
SPECIAL PLANNING TIPS
- It cannot be emphasized enough -- budget is a top priority in this type of plan. Go over it several times.
- If needed in the budget, find out where outside funds are coming from, determine who will pay for what -- demand accurate price quotes, including tax and tips.
- Hire a qualified person at the destination who can complete things for you prior to and the day of your wedding. These event coordinators or consultants will advise and often cut your costs while helping you realize your dreams. Use a credit card that ensures your purchases and track your expenses.
- Check out the marriage license rules of the area you are going to be married in, where to get your license, what identification you need, etc
- Keep a checklist of your questions and concerns for when you call your location or professionals. This can cut down on your phone bill and have someone at the other end to handle the details works wonders in lowering your stress levels
- Tell the professionals exactly what you want and expect from them. E-mail them specifics...or outline these in the contracts prior to signing. It is alright to ask them to wear formal attire or theme...according to your event
- Get literature or go to the regions tourism website. Purchase an area wedding book's for recommendations on wedding vendors and informational history so you can plan out fun things to do while visiting
If you are bringing a large group into the area for a few days you will want to plan:
- gatherings - lunch, dinner or picnic for families and friends to meet
- a casual shopping or tour of the area
- bike, hike, golf or sports and swim fun
- bachelor or bachelorette party -- spa, golf, etc.
- try to include them in the
- rehearsal dinner
- ceremony and reception
- honeymoon days -- or take off to another area